As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to affect local communities and global economies, we want you to know that maintaining business continuity is a priority for us. We’re working to minimize disruptions and impacts to you so that we can still offer the same level of superior service and support you have come to expect from our team.
We have implemented procedures to protect the health and safety of our staff, clients and community such as: restricting access to our office, providing health education and guidelines to keep our staff well, limiting the size of meetings, providing remote working solutions, and implementing the use of client portals.
COVID-19 has probably caused some concerns about your financial well-being. However, there are relief measures available that may benefit you, such as:
• The IRS extended the April 15, 2020 federal income tax filing and payment deadline to July 15, 2020. However, we continue to work on filing returns as soon as possible.
• First quarter estimated tax payments usually due April 15, 2020 are now extended to July 15, 2020.
• States are also providing tax relief for individuals and businesses.
• Emergency paid sick and family leave benefits are available to employees (with some limitations and exceptions).
• Employers, including those self-employed, have available refundable tax credits to offset the costs for providing coronavirus-related leave benefits.
Our commitment to you, whether you have tax or financial planning questions or need advice on ways to navigate business challenges, we’re here for you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
During this unpredictable and challenging time, it’s more important than ever to stay connected. We’re in this together.
Thank you for your continued support.
Wendy C. Goldberg, CPA